- Abilities manage cargo and magazines, like the Carrier and its Interceptors as well as the Medivac.
- Abilities can not be added on to a unit with scripts. Thus they have to be added in the Data Module directly.
- Abilities can be turned off and on using triggers.
Make a new Ability and set its type to "Transport". A unit with this ability will get cargo space. Set the values of "Stats - Cargo Count Maximum", "Stats - Cargo Size Maximum" and "Stats - Cargo Size Maximum" to your prefered values.
Sub Types (Classes)
The classes have some shared fields, as well as some unique ones. Look at existing abilities for reference.
Ability: Sub Types (Classes)
- Arm Magazine
- Effect - Instant
- Effect - Target
- Morph Placement
- Redirect - Instant
- Redirect - Target
- Warp Train
Even though Abilities have several subtypes, most have the following fields.
- Alignment (CAbil_Alignment): Determines whether the ability is considered neutral, negative or positive.
- If the ability shows anywhere (usually does not, since it will be buffs or buttons you will see in game, so I guess it does not matter much, but anyway), it will be coloured by the alignment. Neutral is nothing, positive is green, negative is red.
- This also applies for buttons and buffs.
- Name (CAbil_Name): Name of the Ability
- SetId (CAbil_AbilSetId): A unique ID that is shared with abilities like it. for example: Hero Stalker blink would share the same Ability Id as a normal Stalker Blink
- Count (Max): Max number of charges this ability can hold.
- Count (Start): Starting amount of charges of the ability.
- Count (Use): Amount of charges is used with each use of the ability.
- Hide Count: Hide the amount of charges count in the UI.
- Link: Allows several abilities/effects to share the same pool of charges. Set 2 abilities to the same link to make them share charges.
- Location: Determines the sharing of the charges
- Ability means that the charge sharing is only limited to this ability
- Behavior (**Unknown**)
- Global means that the charges are shared between all players so that an ability could only be used a limited number in total by all players
- Player that the charges are shared between all units of that player
- Unit means each unit has it's own charge pool.
- Time Start: The time before the first charge begins to regenerate
- Time Use: The time for a charge to regenerate
- Link Allows several abilities to share a common cooldown
- Location: Determines the extent of the sharing of the cooldown
- Ability means that the cooldown sharing is only limited to this ability
- Behavior (**Unknown**)
- Global means that the cooldown is shared between all players so that an ability
- Player that the cooldown is shared between all units of that player
- Unit means each unit has it's own cooldown
- Time Start: Cooldown when the unit is created before it can first use the ability.
- Time Use: How long the cooldown is between uses of the ability.
- Cost Display: If the ability costs resources or vitals to use, this field determines which ones are shown
- Technology Resource Cost: Cost of using the ability in technology resources (minerals, vespene, terrazine and custom).
- Vital Fraction: Cost of using the ability in percentage of life, shield and/or energy.
- Vitals: Cost of using the ability in life, shield and/or energy.
- Charge: If the ability is canceled this determines what fraction of the "Count (Use)" is refunded.
- Cooldown: If the ability is canceled this field determines what fraction of the cooldown is deducted from the cooldown.
- Resource: How much is refunded in resources if the ability is canceled.
- Vital Fraction: How much is refunded in percentage of vitals if the ability is canceled.
- Vitals: How much is refunded in vitals if the ability is canceled.
- Editor Categories (CAbil_EditorCategories): What categories the ability is in the editor.
- None of the Editor fields affect the or show in game.
- Editor Comment (CAbil_EditorComment): Comments about the ability. Similar to Hints in the SC2Mapster Wiki :)
- Editor Description (CAbil_EditorDescription): Description of the ability in the editor.
- Editor Prefix (CAbil_EditorPrefix): Prefix shown only in the Editor
- Editor Suffix (CAbil_EditorSuffix): Suffix shown only in the Editor, useful if you have several stages of an ability but you don't want the player to notice it.
- Tech Alias (CAbil_TechAliasArray): Arbitrary identifier that allows this ability to be used for requirement checking by other abilities with the same identifier.
- Tech Player (CAbil_TechPlayer): Which player is used for requirement checking. This can be either the player whose supply is being used by the unit or the owner of the unit, with this ability.
- Orders Color (CAbil_OrderArray_Color)
- Flags (CAbil_OrderArray_FlagArray)
- Line Texture (CAbil_OrderArray_LineTexture): The vertical banner texture shown when queuing several casts of the ability using the shift button.
- Model (CAbil_OrderArray_Model): The model used to highlight the ground of the location where the ability will be cast if several casts of the ability are queued using the shift button.
- Scale (CAbil_OrderArray_Scale): Scale of the line texture and model.
- UI - Target Message (CAbil_TargetMessage): Message that is displayed in the command card while you are targeting the ability.
- UI - Tooltip Priority (CAbil_InfoTooltipPriority): Priority of this ability's tooltips (Used for abilities tooltips that are automatically generated.