Abilities[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
Hints[edit | edit source]
- Abilities manage cargo and magazines, like the Carrier and its Interceptors as well as the Medivac.
- Abilities can not be added on to a unit with scripts. Thus they have to be added in the Data Module directly.
- Abilities can be turned off and on using triggers.
Example Usage[edit | edit source]
Cargo Space[edit | edit source]
Make a new Ability and set its type to "Transport". A unit with this ability will get cargo space. Set the values of "Stats - Cargo Count Maximum", "Stats - Cargo Size Maximum" and "Stats - Cargo Size Maximum" to your prefered values.
Sub Types (Classes)[edit | edit source]
The classes have some shared fields, as well as some unique ones. Look at existing abilities for reference.
Ability: Sub Types (Classes)[edit | edit source]
- Arm Magazine
- Effect - Instant
- Effect - Target
- Morph Placement
- Redirect - Instant
- Redirect - Target
- Warp Train
Fields[edit | edit source]
Even though Abilities have several subtypes, most have the following fields.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Alignment (CAbil_Alignment): Determines whether the ability is considered neutral, negative or positive.
- If the ability shows anywhere (usually does not, since it will be buffs or buttons you will see in game, so I guess it does not matter much, but anyway), it will be coloured by the alignment. Neutral is nothing, positive is green, negative is red.
- This also applies for buttons and buffs.
- Name (CAbil_Name): Name of the Ability
- SetId (CAbil_AbilSetId): A unique ID that is shared with abilities like it. for example: Hero Stalker blink would share the same Ability Id as a normal Stalker Blink
Charge[edit | edit source]
- Count (Max): Max number of charges this ability can hold.
- Count (Start): Starting amount of charges of the ability.
- Count (Use): Amount of charges is used with each use of the ability.
- Hide Count: Hide the amount of charges count in the UI.
- Link: Allows several abilities/effects to share the same pool of charges. Set 2 abilities to the same link to make them share charges.
- Location: Determines the sharing of the charges
- Ability means that the charge sharing is only limited to this ability
- Behavior (**Unknown**)
- Global means that the charges are shared between all players so that an ability could only be used a limited number in total by all players
- Player that the charges are shared between all units of that player
- Unit means each unit has it's own charge pool.
- Time Start: The time before the first charge begins to regenerate
- Time Use: The time for a charge to regenerate
Cooldown[edit | edit source]
- Link Allows several abilities to share a common cooldown
- Location: Determines the extent of the sharing of the cooldown
- Ability means that the cooldown sharing is only limited to this ability
- Behavior (**Unknown**)
- Global means that the cooldown is shared between all players so that an ability
- Player that the cooldown is shared between all units of that player
- Unit means each unit has it's own cooldown
- Time Start: Cooldown when the unit is created before it can first use the ability.
- Time Use: How long the cooldown is between uses of the ability.
Cost:Refund Fraction[edit | edit source]
- Cost Display: If the ability costs resources or vitals to use, this field determines which ones are shown
- Technology Resource Cost: Cost of using the ability in technology resources (minerals, vespene, terrazine and custom).
- Vital Fraction: Cost of using the ability in percentage of life, shield and/or energy.
- Vitals: Cost of using the ability in life, shield and/or energy.
- Charge: If the ability is canceled this determines what fraction of the "Count (Use)" is refunded.
- Cooldown: If the ability is canceled this field determines what fraction of the cooldown is deducted from the cooldown.
- Resource: How much is refunded in resources if the ability is canceled.
- Vital Fraction: How much is refunded in percentage of vitals if the ability is canceled.
- Vitals: How much is refunded in vitals if the ability is canceled.
Editor[edit | edit source]
- Editor Categories (CAbil_EditorCategories): What categories the ability is in the editor.
- None of the Editor fields affect the or show in game.
- Editor Comment (CAbil_EditorComment): Comments about the ability. Similar to Hints in the SC2Mapster Wiki :)
- Editor Description (CAbil_EditorDescription): Description of the ability in the editor.
- Editor Prefix (CAbil_EditorPrefix): Prefix shown only in the Editor
- Editor Suffix (CAbil_EditorSuffix): Suffix shown only in the Editor, useful if you have several stages of an ability but you don't want the player to notice it.
Tech Tree[edit | edit source]
- Tech Alias (CAbil_TechAliasArray): Arbitrary identifier that allows this ability to be used for requirement checking by other abilities with the same identifier.
- Tech Player (CAbil_TechPlayer): Which player is used for requirement checking. This can be either the player whose supply is being used by the unit or the owner of the unit, with this ability.
UI[edit | edit source]
- Orders Color (CAbil_OrderArray_Color)
- Flags (CAbil_OrderArray_FlagArray)
- Line Texture (CAbil_OrderArray_LineTexture): The vertical banner texture shown when queuing several casts of the ability using the shift button.
- Model (CAbil_OrderArray_Model): The model used to highlight the ground of the location where the ability will be cast if several casts of the ability are queued using the shift button.
- Scale (CAbil_OrderArray_Scale): Scale of the line texture and model.
- UI - Target Message (CAbil_TargetMessage): Message that is displayed in the command card while you are targeting the ability.
- UI - Tooltip Priority (CAbil_InfoTooltipPriority): Priority of this ability's tooltips (Used for abilities tooltips that are automatically generated.