Target (Effects)[edit | edit source]
Effect targets are used to change the start or end location of an effect or effect tree. Effect targets have 2 fields. The effect field is used to define an earlier point in an effect tree. The Target field is used to define what object should be used as the point of reference. For abilities, this controls what can/cannot be targeted.
Need a screenshot of a effect target field (Target location, target offset, etc)[edit | edit source]
Effect Field[edit | edit source]
- Used to define an earlier point in the effect tree.
(Note: Applying an effect through a behavior creates a new branch of an effect tree, making the unit who has the applied behavior the new caster/source unit.)
Target: Caster[edit | edit source]
- The caster of the effect.
- Sub-Type: Caster Point, Caster Unit, Caster Unit/Point
Target: Source[edit | edit source]
- The source of the effect
- Sub-Type: Source Unit, Source Point, Source Unit/Point
Target: Target[edit | edit source]
- The target of the effect.
- Sub-Types: Target Unit, Target Point, and Target Unit/Point
Target: Origin[edit | edit source]
- The origin of the effect
- Sub-Types: Origin Unit, Origin Point, Origin Unit/Point
Target: Outer (Caster/Source/Target)[edit | edit source]
- Targets the outer unit of the respective unit target (Caster/Source/Target). The outer unit is the container unit of the target, which can either be a transport (Medivac, Bunker) or a magazine unit (Carrier). This only works in relation to Iterate Transport effect (Which targets the units in a transport) or Iterate Magazine effect (Which targets the ammo units stored in a unit with an Arm Magazine ability).
Target: Unknown[edit | edit source]
- Same as NULL, EMPTY, or "ANY". Doesn't validate any units or points.